lunedì 26 maggio 2008

Emily Dickinson: Let's play those - never come!


J188 (1860) / F239 (1861)


Make me a picture of the sun -

So I can hang it in my room.

And make believe I'm getting warm

When others call it "Day"!
Draw me a Robin - on a stem -

So I am hearing him, I'll dream,And when the Orchards stop their tune -

Put my pretense - away -
Say if it's really - warm at noon -

Whether it's Buttercups - that "skim" -

Or Butterflies - that "bloom"?

Then - skip - the frost - upon the lea -

And skip the Russet - on the tree -

Let's play those - never come!

Fammi un quadro del sole -

Così potrò appenderlo nella mia stanza.

E far finta di scaldarmi Quando gli altri lo chiamano "Giorno"!
Disegnami un Pettirosso - su un ramo -

Così ascoltandolo, sognerò,

E quando i Frutteti cesseranno il canto

Metterò la mia finzione - via -
Dimmi se è davvero - caldo a mezzogiorno -

Se Ranuncoli - che "svolazzano" -

O Farfalle - che "fioriscono"?

Poi - salta - il gelo - sul prato -

E salta il Rossiccio - sull'albero -

Facciamo finta che - non arrivino mai!

Nessun commento: