giovedì 8 marzo 2007

8 of March: Women Day


Today i wanna publically thank in my blog a doctor, a woman, a veiled, shiite, persian woman from Shiraz.

She has just saved my mother's life after a difficult and delicate intervention.
Thanks from the heart.
This poem is dedicated to you, and all of you women


The Wind will Blow Us Away

Inside my little night,
the wind has a rendezvous with the leaves;
inside my little night
there is fear and dread of desolation.

Listen.
Hear the darkness blow like wind?
I watch this prosperity through alien eyes.
I am addicted to my despair.
Listen.
Hear the darkness blow?

This minute, inside this night
something’s coming to pass.
The moon is troubled and red;
clouds are a procession of mourners waiting
to release tears upon this rooftop,
this rooftop about to crumble, to give way.

A moment, then, nothing.

Beyond this window, the night quivers
and the earth once again halts its spin.
From beyond this window, the eyes
of the unknown are on you and me.

May you be green, head to toe—
put your hands like a fevered memory in mine…
these hands that love you.

And cede your lips
like a life-warmed feeling
to the caress of my lovesick lips.

The wind will one day blow us away.
The wind will blow us away.

[Sholeh Wolpe, a persian woman, an iranian poet, literary translator and writer]

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

Si, probabilmente lo e